Advice For Those Planning To Sell Their Home This Year
Are you planning to sell your property in 2021? If so, you will have a lot to plan and consider. This can be an exciting time, but it can also be a very stressful time, especially if you are in a rush to sell your home. With that in mind, continue reading to discover some useful tips that can help you.
Thinking About Going It Alone? Think Again
Are you wondering whether you should use the services of an estate agent in order to sell your home? Perhaps you feel it would be cheaper and just as effective to go it alone? Thanks to the rise of the Internet, a lot of people think that marketing their property is easy. However, this could not be further from the truth! Discover why using an estate agent is a must.
- Negotiation – An estate agent does not simply look for a suitable buyer; their service incorporates a lot more than this, and one of the key elements is negotiation. They will be able to negotiate directly with the buyer. They have the skill and experience to do this effectively. You could fall flat on your face and miss out on a sale if you attempt this with no expertise.
- Access to more buyers – Estate agents have databases filled with people that are looking for properties. They already have a pool of people that may be interested in your property, thus increasing the chances of a sale and a quick one at that.
- Manage the sales process – Another reason to look for the best estate agents is that they will manage the sale process. They will regularly check in with the solicitors and up and down the property chain to ensure the sale is going to plan.
- Expert guidance – You will receive expert advice and guidance from individuals that have trained in property sales, and have plenty of experience in doing so. If any difficulties arise, or you are unsure about something, they will be able to help.
- Viewings – Finally, an estate agent will manage and conduct viewings on the behalf of the seller. They will be there to answer any queries the potential buyer has, and they will know how to show off your home to full effect.
Common Mistakes When Choosing An Estate Agency
There are a number of estate agents for you to choose from when you want to buy or sell a property. However, you should never simply go for the first or cheapest estate agency you come across. The importance of choosing with care cannot be overlooked. With that being said, read on to discover some of the common mistakes that must be avoided when choosing an estate agency.
- Failing to assess their online presence – One of the biggest mistakes you can make is choosing an estate agent without looking at their online presence. Do they have a stylish, professional, and easy-to-use website? Do they market their properties effectively online? Nowadays, most people turn to the Internet first when they want to sell or buy a property, and thus this is of critical importance.
- Ignoring customer testimonials – A lot of people overlook customer testimonials nowadays, however, they can be very telling. You should read comments left on the company’s website, as well as independent review platforms. You can discover whether past clients were satisfied with the buying and selling process, if they would recommend the company, and what it was like dealing with them.
- Going for the cheapest estate agency you can find – Simply looking for the cheapest estate agents has to offer is not an advisable approach. This could end up costing you a lot more in the long run, especially if the company charges hidden fees or does not offer a high-quality service. Quality should always come first when it comes to something as important as buying or selling a property.
- Overlooking experience – A new estate agents may tempt you with a good deal, but experience is more important. By choosing a company that has been in operation for a while, you know they have built up a credible service, and that they know the area like the back of their hands. They will also have helped many homeowners or buyers like you before.
Consider Making Some Upgrades To Improve The Chances Of Selling Your Home
Aside from finding the perfect estate agent for your home sale, it is also worth considering making some changes to your home to improve the chances of you making a quick sale. One option to consider is window replacement. This is advisable because it will help you to keep the temperature comfortable and your home energy-efficient. This is something that a lot of people are looking for when purchasing a new home.
After all, they want to make sure that the property they are going to buy is not going to cost them a fortune in terms of heating bills. Therefore, it makes sense to opt for double or triple glazed windows. In addition to this, your choice of windows makes an impact in terms of how much natural light is able to enter the room. This is another desirable quality that people are looking for.
You may also want to consider upgrading your kitchen. When looking for kitchens for sale, it is all about finding the perfect balance between style and functionality. You want something that looks great, but it should also allow you to use your kitchen with ease.
When considering the practicalities of the worktop, you may want to look at materials that are known for their anti-bacterial properties. Moreover, heat-resistant materials are popular such as granite, as they mean you can take hot pans off the hob and place them onto the worktop once you have finished cooking. Maintenance is another factor to bear in mind. How easy is it going to be to clean the worktop? It is worth taking a look at all of the materials that are on offer in further detail. You can assess their qualities to determine what is right for you. For example, solid wood is a great choice if you are looking for something that has a natural warm feel, is available in lots of colours and textural patterns, and is easy to cut and install. It is also resistant to bacteria, and very hygienic. You then have the likes of quartz and granite, which are undeniably elegant, require low maintenance, are long-lasting, hardwearing, and resistant to heat.
Learn How To Market Your Property Effectively
Aside from the points that we have mentioned so far, you will also want to make sure that you market your property effectively. Thankfully, you do not simply need to rely on estate agent window displays these days in order to get the word out about your property. You can market it online with social media and property listing websites.
It is imperative to make sure that you use professional photography to show off your property to full effect. This is where we see a lot of people go wrong. They take photos that are dark and dingy, failing to show off their home to its best. Even worse is failing to take any photos at all or only taking photographs of a few rooms. You need to make sure that those interested in your home are able to get a full understanding of what to expect before booking a property viewing.