How To Make Every Day An Adventure
There Is no doubt that the COVID-19 pandemic affected our lives in more ways than one. However, it also changed the way we spend our time significantly. Gone were spontaneous plans with friends, exotic vacations and daily commutes. In its place, zoom quizzes, banana bread recipes and the chance to finally read that book sitting on your bedside table. However, with these changes also come a sense of boredom – as we ached to return to normality. Now, as restrictions are easing across the world, it’s time to start thinking about any changes you want to make moving forward.
For example, you may be keen to make the most out of everyday life – by finding ways to inject more adventure into your life. Not only is it a great way to shake up your routine and put yourself out of your comfort zone, adventure is beneficial for your health too.
With that in mind, here are some ways in which you can bring more adventure to your daily life!
- Try to do one thing each day that you’ve never done before. While this may seem a little difficult, especially as we begin to busy ourselves with work and social engagements once again, these new experiences can be as big or small as they like. For example, you could try out a new recipe, buy your morning coffee from a different store, or read a new book. In short, you simply need to find as many ways as possible to introduce change into your life.
- Do things that you’ve always wanted to do. We’ve all put together a bucket list in our head of things we want to do during our lifetime – however, now is the perfect time to bring them into reality. After all, if you never make an effort to do these things, they’ll never come into fruition. For example, if you’ve always wanted to go parasailing but never had the courage to do it before – now is the time to put your bravery to the test. To find out more, or to schedule a visit, check out SunshineDestin.com.
- Step out of your comfort zone. We all settle into our comfort zone from time to time – however, this likely isn’t compatible with adventure, which encourages you to be spontaneous and try new things. As a result, whenever you feel yourself shying away from an opportunity or activity due to the fact it makes you uncomfortable or nervous, try to push ahead anyway. Let yourself know that it will be worth it in the long run. Stepping out of your comfort zone is a great way to add a bit of vigor and confidence back into your life. Remember, if something goes wrong or you make a mistake that’s okay. Mistakes are a part of life, and at least you’ll have a funny story to say moving forward.
- Stop doing things that you no longer enjoy. Adventures are all about having fun. Therefore, if you want to make your daily life more adventurous, it’s time to stop spending time on activities that no longer bring you joy. For many, this could mean that it’s time to look for a new job. While you should not quit outright, it’s important to remember that we spend the majority of our time at work and as such, should be at least enjoying ourselves a little when we are there. Making changes to our professional life – whether that means you join a new company or enter a new industry is a great way to catapult your career. However, making more time for joy in your life could also refer to your relationships. For example, if you no longer enjoy spending time with a certain friend due to the fact that they bring you down or belittle you, then it may finally be time to cut the cord. Removing toxicity from your life can be difficult, but it’s definitely worthwhile in the long run and as a result, you’ll find that you’re much happier moving forward. It will also help you to set standards for future relationships, as you’ll know what you want and need from friends and will not settle for any less.
- Start saying ‘Yes’. Another way in which you can begin to make your daily life a little more adventurous is by trying to say yes more often than you say no (within reason). Say yes to new opportunities, to new experiences, to things you could never envision yourself doing before. The more often you do this, the easier it will be to accept any and all fun plans that are sent your way. As a result, you’ll be more susceptible to and comfortable with change in your daily life, which will bring around many benefits for you both personally and professionally.
- Make time for traveling. While there are plenty of easy ways in which you can inject adventure into your daily life, you should also ensure that you make time for traveling too. After all, there’s no adventure like exploring a new place – whether you visit a tropical island or swarming city. This is due to the fact that traveling can be truly transformative, it gives you the chance to learn more about the world around you, but also yourself. As such, it can give you the chance in perspective that you’ve been looking for. However, if you’re looking to be truly adventurous when traveling, try to stay away from the beaten path for a little while. Avoid going to popular tourist destinations or hotspots in favor of lesser known towns and cities that still have a lot to offer.
- Get an adventure buddy. Just because you are going to be trying new things, doesn’t mean that you have to try them alone. Getting yourself an ‘adventure buddy’ (someone who’s willing to step out of their comfort zone alongside you) is a great way to make life more adventurous as you’ll be able to motivate and encourage each other. Plus, you can take it in turns to think of fun activities to participate in – that way you’ll never run out of adventurous things to do.