Individual Peanut Butter Pies Recipe
When I think of comfort foods I think of peanut butter. Ever since I was a kid my mom use to make me peanut butter based snacks and it always made me feel at home. Even to this day I’ll go home and visit mom from across the country and she’ll have something made for me with peanut butter in it.
I chose this recipe solely on the story of it. Jennie from InJenniesKitchen recently lost her husband due to a heart-attack. He died way too young and left behind his beautiful wife and kids. The story touched me greatly and I wanted to do something nice for her and her family. Jennie went on her blog and told everyone wanting to do something nice to create Mike’s favorite dessert, the Peanut Butter Pies. This is for you Mike.
What you’ll need. (ingredients)
For the crust:
• 16 Oreo cookies
• 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 8 ounces cream cheese
• 1 cup creamy-style peanut butter
• 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
• 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Let’s do this. (instructions)
1. Add the cookies to the bowl of a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs. Combine melted butter and cookie crumbs in a small bowl, and stir with a fork to mix well. Press mixture into the bottom and 1-inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
2. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave. Pour over bottom of cookie crust and spread to the edges using an off-set spatula. Sprinkle chopped peanuts over the melted chocolate. Place pan in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
3. Pour the heavy cream into a bowl and beat using a stand mixer or hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Transfer to a small bowl and store in refrigerator until ready to use. Place the cream cheese and peanut butter in a deep bowl. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and gradually beat in the confectioner’s sugar. Add the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract and lemon juice. Increase speed to medium and beat until all the ingredients are combined and filling is smooth.
4. Stir in 1/3 of the whipped cream into the filling mixture (helps lighten the batter, making it easier to fold in the remaining whipped cream). Fold in the remaining whipped cream. Pour the filling into the prepared springform pan. Drizzle the melted chocolate on top, if using, and refrigerate for three hours or overnight before serving.
I would love for my followers to pass this recipe on to someone they love. Share the story with someone you care about and keep it going.