Make Your Home Look Luxurious On a Budget With These Tips!
Everyone wants a luxury looking home. It doesn’t matter the budget you have to work with, you might not be any different and rightly so – this is your home and you want to do all that you can to ensure that your home is looking beautiful. You deserve to have that luxury look, even if you’re shopping for champagne styles on a lemonade budget. Luxury is different to everyone. Some people think luxury is in the carpet thickness and others think it’s luxury just to have curtains on the windows!
No matter what you think, you can make your home look rich even with inexpensive beige selections for your wall. You can have beauty on a budget, it’s just whether you’re willing to go for it or not. With this in mind, we’ve got some simple tricks and tips to ensure that you can make your home look as luxurious as possible no matter what your spending limit!
- Use gold. Spray paint, accents, accessories, gold is in and you need to get your hands on it. The good news is that you don’t have to spend money on actual gold if you don’t want to! If you want to add glamour to any room in the house, you can use gold and if you use it in the form of threads in the wallpaper or spray paint, you’ll capture that luxury you’re looking for. A single item of gold or a single change in each room can make a big difference to how you feel about the space. Not only that, it just looks good.
- Decorate your ceiling. Ceilings are often long forgotten when it comes to home decor, but it doesn’t have to be. Your ceiling is the fifth space in the room and you can use things like crown molding and coving to really accentuate the ceilings. If you choose a good pattern, you’ll even manage to make your space look highly decorated. It’ll look a lot like you’re putting together a beautiful room if you choose to include your ceiling.
- Don’t forget your exterior. The exterior of the home is just as important as the interior and if you want to exude luxury and emanate richness, you need to remember the exterior of the house, too. This starts with the front door and all of the accessories (mailbox, door knocker, etc). Your home should look welcoming, and it starts with these things! Don’t forget to landscape your lawn, too. This can be done on a budget and you can work on it yourself to make it look as perfect as you want it to look.
- Add fresh flowers. The best thing to do to make your home a luxurious one is give it color. You can do this with fresh flowers and it’s even better to have flowers in every room. If you can grow the flowers yourself, you can cut them fresh from your own garden, too. You don’t need a giant bouquet of flowers in every room, but even the cut of fresh flowers from the garden can make a difference and it gives your home an instant lift!
- Making an entrance. We talked about making the exterior of your home look good, but what about the actual entrance? When people walk into your home you want them to feel as if they are stepping into a magazine. Think hall tables with the right storage for keys and a vase of flowers. Think giant mirrors to maximize the light in often-dark hallway spaces. Your entrance needs to pop if you want that luxury factor.
- Add some art. You can totally cheat here. You don’t have to buy into actual artwork that costs into the thousands to find art that you appreciate. Go to charity shops or use a printing press to print the huge pictures that you love and frame these. Large pieces of art almost instantly make people think of luxury things, and that’s one of the best ways that you can add some luxury to the house and make it look richer!
- Upgrade your appliances. If your budget is big enough to include even the smaller appliances, upgrading these so that they match is going to offer your home a touch of luxury without even thinking about it! You can really transform your kitchen in an instant with new appliances as you go, and you don’t have to do it all at once. Each month, replace something old in your kitchen with something new; you’ll be surprised how much money you will save and suddenly, you have a beautiful and inviting kitchen to enjoy.
- Don’t forget your storage. The way you store the clutter will have an immediate impact on how your home is viewed by others. If you can learn to store your clutter properly, you will create a rich looking home. Think window seats with a bench that lifts to reveal a space for books and DVDs. The trunk at the foot of the bed with the linens in it is also a good place to start if you want some stylish storage. It doesn’t all have to be Tupperware, you know!
- Budget for a cleaner. One of the best ways to make your home look more luxurious is to outsource your cleaning. You can hire someone to come in and do all the cleaning for you and to a professional standard. It doesn’t have to be an expensive thing; once a month to deep clean the house will change your life and make your whole world turn better when you know your home reflects the luxury you want.
- Make it simple. Chic and expensive luxury homes are often minimal in furniture but huge in design. You can make the room look richer with less in it – less really is more sometimes and you have to embrace this if you want to embrace luxury. Taking the time to embrace the simplicity that can come in your home is important.