Road trips are the best way to spend some quality time with your friends and family. They are always full of memorable experiences and impromptu plans that you cherish for a lifetime!
However, hitting the road impulsively without any planning and groundwork is always a bad idea! And that’s why we have created a checklist for you of all the things you should remember before you plan a road adventure with your loved ones:
- Map your way: Always start by finalizing the main places you want to visit and find the most feasible route. While you are doing this, it is essential to consider how much you and your pals can drive in a day without getting exhausted. Use Google Maps to find the routes with the least traffic and places to stop or stay overnight.
- Ride of the trip: It is very likely that while you are on the trip, you will have to drive through multiple terrains to experience various landscapes and road conditions, and hence, you must choose your ride wisely. If you are a small group of friends and plan to take a relatively short trip, you can consider a smaller camper van for rent; however, if you are a bigger group that intends to be on the road for a longer time, you should find a camper van for rent which can accommodate a larger group and is equipped to serve you in any season and terrain. Along with this, you should also have a safety kit in your vehicle which has all the essentials like flashlights, water, first aid etc.
- Finalize your bookings beforehand: While we understand that the beautiful landscapes keep you hooked to the road and you want to go with the flow, it is still advisable to book accommodations ahead. Whatever you want to do – camping, living on a hillside, or staying on a farm – there are many travel sites available that will help you reserve a property of your choice. Booking ahead will keep your mind at peace, and you can enjoy the trip entirely.
- Always have some snacks ready: Although road trips are all about exploring new places, people, and local cuisines, it is beneficial to have some snacks handy in the car. Some ready-to-eat food items such as fruits, nuts, hummus, and sandwiches will help you cut expenses and save time. Add-ons like a cutting knife, cutting board, sipper can also be a big help on such trips.
- Plan fun stuff for the road: Admiring the roads for long hours while having your headphones on is one way to pass the time on a road trip, but you will also want some in-house entertainment. Plan fun activities with your friends like watching movies or podcasts, singing songs together, or playing games. This will also help you guys connect deeper and make stronger bonds.
- Take care of your health and environment: When you are having fun with your friends, it is imperative to be cautious of the current times and remember that COVID-19 is still around, which means you should take extra precautions at all times and take care of yourself. Ensure you wear a mask whenever you step out, keep a sanitizer with you, and maintain an appropriate distance from others.
Furthermore, along with keeping your health in check, it is good to keep a check on the environment’s health as well. When choosing which car to rent, make sure that you consider the vehicle with the best fuel efficiency. Be mindful of your actions, do not litter around, and don’t forget to enjoy the trip!