Modernize Any Vehicle with Rand McNally’s New Connected Car Device
My regret for not being able to attend the Chicago Auto Show this year lingers with every new release. Like the one that just came from Rand McNally, one of the most trusted sources for maps, navigation, and travel content.
OverDryve is a revolutionary connected-car device that is looking to modernize any car it’s in. This new dashboard tablet is bringing luxury-car features to all vehicles by way of entertainment, info, navigation, and best-of-all, safety features – all of it combined for less than $400.
“The vast majority of the 250 million U.S. cars and light trucks on the road today don’t have sophisticated electronics – features such as voice recognition and control, hands-free texting and forward collision detection, just to name a few,” said Stephen Fletcher, CEO ofRand McNally. “OverDryve™ upgrades ordinary vehicles by providing an advanced connected-car experience for a fraction of the cost of a high-end luxury car.”
Have you ever got into a car and tried fiddling with the in-dash display only to wonder, “what were the designers thinking?” Me too.
Rand McNally had the user in mind when designing OverDryve, and it shows with the features they put into it giving drivers easy access to:
- A voice-controlled smart assistant
- Hands-free calling and texting
- Music from drivers’ favorite sources
- Audible news, weather, traffic and sports
- Forward collision warnings
- A dash camera and available high-resolution wireless backup camera
- Customizable gauge clusters and vehicle information
- Available tire pressure monitoring
- Award-winning trip planning and navigation
- An FM radio
- Wired and wireless connectivity to in-dash radios
- And available roadside assistance and accident notification
OverDryve is due in stores later this spring and is expected to retail at $399. For more information, visit www.MyOverDryve.com.