Celebrate National Watermelon Day with This Patron Recipe
August 3rd is National Watermelon Day, and we here at Joe’s Daily think the only way to celebrate it right is with a good Patrón sipping cocktail that comes from a tapped watermelon. You can reference the deliciousness in the photo above.
Find all the ingredients and complete directions on how to make this spiked punch recipe below:
Patrón Watermelon Patio Punch Recipe
Serves 8-10 people
- 750 ml Bottle of Patrón Silver
- 4 cups Watermelon juice
- 1 cup Fresh lime juice
- 1 cup Simple syrup, to taste
- .5 tsp Salt
- Lay a (preferably seedless) watermelon on its side and assess which end would be the “bottom” if you were to stand it on its end.
- Using a chef’s knife, slice off a small bit of the rounded end to create a flat surface, being careful not to cut through to the flesh.
- Slice off the opposite end to create a “lid”, and stand the watermelon upright.
Using a large spoon or ice cream scoop, hollow out the watermelon, being sure to save the flesh and any juices. Transfer flesh to a blender and puree lightly, enough to liquefy the mixture. Strain through a fine mesh strainer to remove any pulp.
- Combine Patrón Silver, watermelon juice, lime juice, simple syrup and salt and stir to thoroughly combine. Return contents to the watermelon for service and ice to chill.
- Use a “watermelon tap” if you have such a device or use the watermelon as a punch bowl, ladling out the punch.