Foldable Bikes: These Military Grade Bikes Will Fit Practically Anywhere
Foldable bikes can solve a lot of spacial issues and clutter in a home.
Let’s face it, if you don’t have your own garage or live in the safest neighborhood in America, your bike will always remain inside your home. I’ve lived in Los Angeles for over two decades and can tell you that every bike I’ve owned I have had to keep inside my apartment. They take up a lot of space, and it’s usually space you already don’t have enough of.
I assume this is a relatable topic for most, so I thought I’d feature a foldable bike I discovered a few days ago. The Paratrooper from Montague Bikes is a state-of-the-art foldable bicycle, designed under a grant from the DARPA and the United States military. Its purpose was to allow airborne soldiers to drop out of airplanes and ride into combat, so naturally you can be sure it’s light and rugged.
The Paratrooper features a frame made from custom drawn 7005 series aluminum, alloy rims, Kalloy Alloy handlebars, and a Kalloy Alloy stem. Its approximate weight 32 lbs and comes in medium and large sizing depending on the height of the rider.
Additional features from Montague Bikes
- All Montague bikes use full-size wheels, standard components, and a folding design that doesn’t break any of the frame’s tubing
- Ideal for rough trails, hauling gear, bike camping, and recon missions
- An SR Suntour suspension fork allows the Paratrooper to glide over the obstacles, roots, and rocks of off-road trails
- Includes the RackStand which functions as a traditional cargo rack, kickstand, workstand, and folded bike stand all in one
- 24 different speeds for customizable riding preferences and any obstacles
- Equipped with mechanical disc brakes which offer quicker response, more stopping power, and better performance in wet weather than rim brakes
- It can fit in the car trunk, on the bus or train, and is perfect for your next trip
Though it was developed with the military in mind, this unique foldable bike is perfect for any type of rider. Whether you’re a complete rookie or a seasoned veteran on the trails, you can be sure it will fit neatly in your car trunk or easily taken on a bus or train.
Learn more about the Paratrooper foldable bike from Montague Bikes over on Huckberry.