Royal Caribbean is aiming to unleash its latest transformation onto the Caribbean this year. Jam-packed with new thrills, dining options, and top-rated destinations, the newly renovated Freedom of the Seas will make its $116 million transformation debut in San Juan, Puerto Rico. The revitalized ship features a vibrant Caribbean poolscape, The Perfect Storm duo of high-speed waterslides, the cruise line’s first Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen, and new dedicated spaces for kids and teens. Those looking to book this experience in the Southern Caribbean will be happy to know the Freedom of the Seas is now sailing, offering cruise guests a 7-night Southern Caribbean itinerary, visiting new islands each day, from Antiqua and Barbados to the ABC islands (Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao).
Below you will find more details about what you can expect on board the newly renovated Freedom of the Seas, taken from the official press release:
Thrills on Deck
- The Perfect Storm – At three stories high, guests can choose Cyclone or Typhoon to go head to head through winding twists and turns in a heart-pumping faceoff.
- A resort-style Caribbean poolscape – Featuring a whole new look, signature poolside bar The Lime & Coconut, live music and a wider variety of seating and shade with the addition of casitas, in-pool loungers and daybeds, the reimagined pool deck is where pool days become an all-day affair. The youngest of travelers can enjoy the new kids aqua park, Splashaway Bay, and adults looking for soothing downtime can head to the renewed Solarium.
- Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen – New to Royal Caribbean, Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen serves up a reimagined menu of authentic Italian dishes with a contemporary flair, from fresh pastas to custom pizzas hand tossed high in the air. The cruise line’s take on “Sunday supper” is complete with limoncello and a wide selection of wines.
- El Loco Fresh – Guests can enjoy a poolside fiesta of flavors, including tacos, burritos and quesadillas, at the casual grab-and-go spot. The venue is the first El Loco Fresh that includes a full-service bar with a wide selection of tequilas.
- Izumi Hibachi & Sushi – From sushi to sashimi and hibachi, Izumi offers an Asian-inspired dining experience. The menu spans a variety of hot and cold appetizers, entrees and desserts – each made to order with fresh ingredients and impeccable presentation.
- Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade – At this hangout, all ages can have a seat at the table to catch live games on more than 100 TVs, make legendary plays on arcade classics and refuel on classic bar fare and ice-cold brews.
Adventures for Everyone
- Clash for the Crystal City – Two clans, the Yetis and Snowshifters, collide in this glow-in-the-dark laser tag adventure for control of a mystical frozen city.
- Adventure Ocean – The award-winning youth program reveals a 360-degree transformation. Its new layout encourages kids to choose their own immersive adventures across several rooms: Play Place, the whimsical space with climbable creations; Arena, where there’s friendly competition; and Hangout, a space to chill and call their own. Three- and 5-year-olds and the tiniest of travelers at 6-36 months old each have dedicated spaces with AO Juniors and AO Babies, respectively.
- Social033 – Teens will rejoice in their exclusive hangout, entirely redesigned to feature the latest in movies, gaming and music, plus a new, private outdoor deck.
Begin booking your next Southern Caribbean vacation online at RoyalCaribbean.com.