Royal Caribbean fans will happy to know that Perfect Day at CocoCay is officially open! This is the first in the cruise line’s new Perfect Day Island Collection, a project that required a 250 million transformation of their private island in The Bahamas. Cruise goers will be wowed by one-of-a-kind thrills and ways to chill on the island with the tallest waterslide in North America, the Caribbean’s largest wave pool, as well as the Caribbean’s largest freshwater pool, Oasis Lagoon. These are just a few of the exciting things you can look forward to on your next Royal Caribbean cruise.
“Royal Caribbean is the proven leader when it comes to pushing the envelope in cruise ship design and the experiences offered at sea. With Perfect Day at CocoCay, we are so proud to bring our 50-year legacy of innovation ashore to transform an incredible island that now completely revolutionizes private destinations in the vacation industry. It is exciting to see what we have dreamed up finally come to life; our guests truly are in for an experience unlike any other.”
– Michael Bayley, President and CEO, Royal Caribbean International
Perfect Day at CocoCay is exclusive to guests of Royal Caribbean and available to vacationers sailing on 11 of the global cruise line’s ships from ports in Florida and the Northeast. Here are just some of the amazing things cruisers will be able to experience, courtesy of Royal Caribbean International’s media room:
At the heart of Perfect Day at CocoCay is Thrill Waterpark, daring the most adrenaline-seeking guests to conquer two brag-worthy towers with 13 waterslides – as well as the Caribbean’s largest wave pool and the Adventure Pool with a family-friendly obstacle course. Key features include:
- Daredevil’s Tower – Guests can push their limits on seven exhilarating single-rider waterslides of various heights, including the 135-foot-tall
- Daredevil’s Peak– the tallest waterslide in North America. Additional highlights are the twin Dueling Demon drop slides, launching riders from a vertical position; the Manta Raycers, where friends can race down twin open flume slides; the high-speed, fully vertical Screeching Serpent; and the coiling Green Mamba, a massive aqua tube slide.
- Splash Summit – Adventurous families will share the thrill with six multi-rider slides, including The Slingshot, a zero-gravity slide for four; The Twister, a winding tube slide for two on a tandem raft; and the four-lane Splash Speedway racing slides.
- Wave Pool – Vacationers can ride the tide at the largest wave pool in the Caribbean, where a timer on the back wall counts down to the start of big waves.
- Adventure Pool – This interactive obstacle course on water features floating lily pads, a rock-climbing wall and two swing ropes for guests to bounce, climb and swing to their heart’s content.
Up, Up and Away
On Up, Up and Away, everyone scores a view unlike any other from a colorful helium balloon securely tethered to the ground by cable. The signature attraction floats up to 450 feet above Perfect Day at CocoCay, allowing guests to take in the island from the highest vantage point in The Bahamas and capture the ultimate selfie with the private island and the pristine blue waters of The Bahamas as their backdrop.
Guests can explore the coves of Oasis Lagoon, the largest freshwater pool in the Caribbean – whether looking to spend time with family, share a few cocktails with friends or simply sit back under the tropical sun. Sunbathers can make their way through three distinct coves, each with a vibe of their own, and swim to the beat of the underwater sound system. Families with small children can splash through water features and jump right into the excitement at the kid-friendly beach entry. On the south side of Oasis Lagoon, pool-goers can sip a frosty Coco Loco at the expansive swim-up bar, catch some sunrays on one of three swim-up islands with in-water loungers, or treat themselves to total relaxation in a private cabana, complete with its own cabana attendant.
At Captain Jack’s, the island hangout and meet-up spot, guests can grab a drink at the rowboat bar, settle into a rope swing seat or snack on the house specialty – chicken wings and fries dipped in signature sauces like mango-habanero and Caribbean jerk. Live jams and harborside views put vacationers in an island state of mind in no time. For more delicious eats, vacationers can also head to Skipper’s Grill for complimentary lunchtime favorites like salads, sandwiches, tacos, burgers, fresh fruit and desserts.
Captain Jill’s Galleon and Splashaway Bay
Perfect Day at CocoCay features an array of exciting features for kids of all ages. From three dry slides and 16 water cannons to rope features and a splash pad, Captain Jill’s Galleon is an interactive play structure loaded with swashbuckling thrills.
Splashaway Bay, the coolest aqua park at sea, is breaking out beyond the deck and coming ashore as the largest one yet. Kids can enjoy bigger adventures than ever before with more fountains, sprinklers, and geysers – plus two massive drench buckets and five waterslides, including three racers. Located along the harbor between Captain Jack’s and Skipper’s Grill, this complementary attraction offers plenty of seating and tables for families.
High-Flying Hangout at the Zip Line
Leave cares on the ground and soar on the 1,600-foot-long zip-line course that crisscrosses the island, beginning near the arrivals plaza and ending across the harbor.
Oasis at Chill Island
Miles away from ordinary with pristine, crystal-clear tropical waters and white powder-like sand is Chill Island, the island escape travelers dream about. Chill Grill, the largest dining venue on the island, serves up beachside dining at shaded picnic tables on the sand. Guests can also find beach day favorites here, including snorkeling, jet-skiing excursions as well as plentiful cabanas and daybeds for relaxation under the shade. Add in beach bars with roaming bartenders, and guests will truly wish they lived here.
Perfect Beach Day
Among the final experiences to be completed, Coco Beach Club is set to open in December. Here, travelers will experience an upscale take on the island’s authentic Caribbean vibes.
- Overwater Cabanas – The first overwater cabanas in The Bahamas will offer discerning guests a new level of laidback luxury. Each with its own slide into the ocean, overwater hammock, shower and dedicated attendant, the exclusive cabanas will have everything vacationers would want for a day of complete indulgence.
- Infinity Pool – Spanning an expansive 2,600-plus feet, this beachfront infinity pool is at the center of Zen with in-water loungers.
- Club and Deck Area – Beachside cabanas and daybeds will provide a private slice of paradise. Elsewhere, guests can enjoy an exclusive dining venue that serves up freshly made Mediterranean fare with a side of ocean views.
For a full list of sailings visiting Perfect Day at CocoCay, visit www.royalcaribbean.com/cococay-cruises. Stay tuned for additional Perfect Day Island Collection destinations in Asia, Australia, and Caribbean to be announced at a later date.