SPG Announces Global Partnership with Uber
If you’re an SPG member, your loyalty program just got a whole lot sweeter. Starwood Preferred Guest has announced a strategic global partnership with international ridesharing company, Uber. Starting today, SPG members can start earning points towards their next stay by simply taking an Uber.
“This new partnership with Uber accelerates our SPG members’ drive to rewards and is just one more way that Starwood is combining high tech and high touch to transform their travel experiences,” said Adam Aron, CEO, Starwood Hotels & Resorts. “It is especially satisfying for us at Starwood to be partnering with a cutting edge and innovative pioneer like Uber. It is truly impressive to see how Uber has revolutionized transportation for the better.”
For every dollar you spend on an Uber ride, whether you’re an SPG Preferred, Gold, or Platinum Member, you receive one Starpoint. However, if you use Uber to catch a ride during an SPG stay, you will receive bonus Starpoints depending on your membership level.
- Preferred 2 Starpoints per $ spend with Uber
- Gold, Platinum 3 Starpoints per $ spend with Uber
- Platinum 75+ 4 Starpoints per $ spend with Uber
To start earning Starpoints for each Uber ride you take around the world, go to SPG.com/Uber and link your Uber account to your Starwoods Preferred Guest account. Assuming you already have both accounts active, it should only take a few moments to get you up and running. If not, simply create an account for free, and then link the two together.
Jumpstart Your #SuiteRide this Weekend
On Saturday, February 28th, Uber riders who link their Starwood and Uber accounts can choose the “SPG” vehicle option within the Uber app. This will grant them a door-to-door branded hotel experience and 15,000 Starpoints — good for one free night at a Starwood hotel.
Here are a few amentities #SuiteRide members will receive from one of Starwood’s nine hotel brands:
- Westin Hotels – an invitation to indulge in its signature well-being amenities, including a 10-minute Headspace meditation session, a Westin Heavenly Robe, and a Westin White Tea Travel Set.
- W Hotels – a blend of iconic design and contemporary luxury will immerse riders in an extraordinary experience featuring LED mood lighting, music inspired by W, and a Bliss Spa travel pack.
- St. Regis – a luxurious ride combining classic sophistication with modern sensibility where riders will enjoy fresh flowers; jazz music; Beyond, The St. Regis Magazine; and the St Regis Bloody Mary book.
- Aloft – a modern, fresh and fun experience including a mini-refuel kit and free wifi for the tech savvy traveler.
Here are the five cities the limited edition SPG Ubers will be in: Dubai, Mexico City, London, New York, and San Francisco from 2pm – 7pm local time.