Chevrolet Unveils New Life-Size LEGO Batmobile
I guess we’re not the only ones excited for the new LEGO Batman Movie.
Chevrolet has teamed up with Warner Bros. to unveil their life-size LEGO Batmobile at this year’s North American International Auto Show (NAIAS). In addition to the carmakers help, the students from Detroit’s Cody Rouge community, A World in Motion and FIRST LEGO League had help in making this 17-foot long Batmobile.
“To work on the LEGO® Batmobile with Warner Bros. is an absolute thrill for us at Chevy,” said Paul Edwards, U.S. vice president of Chevrolet Marketing. “Many of the themes in ‘The LEGO® Batman Movie,’ like imagination, family and community, align perfectly with our Chevy brand values and add to the value of the partnership.”
If you missed the live unveiling at the Detroit Auto Show, the LEGO Batmobile from Chevrolet will show up in the next variation of Chevrolet’s “Real People, Not Actors” campaign – so stay tuned.
LEGO Batmobile Facts
- It’s 83 inches (6.92 feet) high, 204 inches (17 feet) long and 111 inches (9.25 feet) wide.
- Total weight is 1,695.5 pounds. Each tire is just over 100 pounds.
- The interior frame is made from more than 86 feet of square tube aluminum and weighs 282.5 pounds.
- Total number of LEGO® bricks used to build the Batmobile: 344,187
- Total number of LEGO® colors used: 17
- The LEGO® Batmobile took 222 hours to design and 1,833 hours to build.
- The LEGO® Batmobile was designed and assembled in the LEGO® Model Shop in Enfield, Connecticut, by LEGO® Master Builders.
Unveiling the LEGO Batmobile at NAIAS
To learn more about all the exciting options available on the LEGO Batmobile, please visit Chevrolet.com.