Today (October 21, 2015) is ‘Back to the Future Day‘, and to celebrate the franchise’s anniversary and its futuristic date, Toyota has released a reimagining of Marty McFly’s dream truck from Back to the Future II. They used the all-new 2016 Toyota Tacoma that went on sale this past September.
Here are the customizations they did to the 2016 Tacoma to turn it into the dream truck McFly always wanted:
- Custom 1985 Toyota Truck Exterior Paint
- Off-road Suspension
- Toyota Racing Development (TRD) Wheels
- BFGoodrich Tires
- Custom front and rear Tubular Bumpers
- Custom Light Bar
- KC HiLites Gravity LED G46
- KC HiLites Daylighter Gravity LED
- Custom “D-4S” Fuel Injection Badging
- Custom Tailgate with Iconic “TOYOTA” Logo
- Custom Vintage Headlight and Taillight Design
- Mud Flaps 1985 Toyota Truck
Below is a screenshot from Back to the Future II showing the actual dream truck McFly had in the film. How do you think Toyota did?
Fans in Los Angeles, New York and Dallas can see the truck in major tourist destinations for today only.