While fall has officially been here for a week now, I think it’s safe to say that it definitely hasn’t felt like it in most of the US. Autumn has always been my favorite season, so getting to celebrate everything that comes with it (*cough* especially the cocktails) is obviously something I look forward to all year. Unfortunately, it never feels quite like fall in LA—at least compared to what I grew up with in the Midwest—until winter comes around. To put things in perspective, the last three years we’ve gone to a pumpkin patch, it’s been an average of about 80ºF.
The good news is, there are some perfectly refreshing fall cocktail recipes out there that are great for a warm day. So, we don’t have to wait for #SweaterWeather to actually roll around or the weather to stop going rogue to enjoy one. As of right now, I think my favorite is the Smirnoff Pumpkin Moscow Mule (which I’m pretty sure would be just as good sans-pumpkin, if it’s not really your thing).
Read also: 3 Captain Morgan Jack-O’Blast Recipes for Fall
Anyway, I’m sure you didn’t come here to read all about my feelings on this fine season, though I do have a lot. So I’ll go ahead and leave you to those autumn cocktail recipes below.
Pumpkin Smirnoff No. 21 Moscow Mule
- 1.5 oz Smirnoff No. 21
- 4 oz. Ginger Beer
- Splash of Apple Cider
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Grilled Lime Wheel
- Add Smirnoff No. 21 to a copper mug with ice.
- Pour ginger beer and a splash of apple cider.
- Top finished cocktail with a dash of pumpkin pie spice.
- Garnish with a grilled lime wheel.
“PSL” Smirnoff Caramel Punch
- 12 oz Smirnoff Caramel
- 8 cups Cream Soda
- Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- Espresso Syrup
- Combine Caramel Smirnoff and cream soda in a large pitcher or punch bowl.
- Add pumpkin spice syrup and espresso syrup to taste.
- Stir and add ice (if serving immediately).
- Garnish individual servings with a dash of cinnamon or cinnamon stick.