If there was one thing I could use more of, it’s USB charging blocks. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve left my tablet or smartphone USB block in a hotel or a friend’s home.
Companies like Accell understand my charging woes and have started to incorporate USB inputs into their outlets. As an example, take the Accell PowerGenius Rotating 4-Outlet Surge Protector with Dual USB Charging ($22 USD). Not only does it feature two USB charging ports, but it has four outlets that rotate for easy access.
The Accell PowerGenius also has some unique to its unit that other surge protectors don’t have. Because of its Power Stop technology, the PowerGenius will automatically stop conducting power once the absorption has reached capacity.
Accell PowerGenius 4-Outlet Specs
- JOULE RATING: 540 Joules
- OUTLETS: 4 Rotating and Grounded
- USB PORTS: Dual USB, 2.4A Shared
- ELECTRICAL RATING: 125V, 15 Amps, 1800 Watts
- MAXIMUM SURGE CURRENT: 36,000A
- MAXIMUM SPIKE VOLTAGE: 6,000V
- CLAMP RATING: H-N 500V, H-G 500V, N-G 500V
- NOISE REDUCTION: Up to 40dB from 150 KHz to 100 MHz
- APPROXIMATE DIMENSIONS: 5.5″ H x 3.75″ W x 1.75″ D
- APPROXIMATE WEIGHT: 0.8 lbs.
If 4 isn’t enough, Accell also sells a 6-outlet surge protector. Find more of their products here.