This post is brought to you by the fine folks at Dos Equis
Now that college football is well underway, I’ve partnered with Dos Equis® and On The Border® Chips & Dips to help make you the most interesting person at your next football get together. Whether it be at home or at a tailgate, the key to becoming “that guy” (the good kind) is to always #StayThirsty. Thinking back to the memorable moments that stood out during my last get together, I think about the things that happened around the #MostInterestingPlay of the game. The time you spend with friends, eating, drinking and bonding. That is, after all, why we get together in the first place, right? So how does one become the most interesting person at the party and create those bonding moments?
Step 1: Get the Beer and Chips
Head to your local store and stock up.
I start off with the essentials: Dos Equis Lager and On The Border Café Style chips and dips. Don’t skimp on the dipping options. It’s always better to have a variety.
While you’re at it, pickup a few other snack items you think your friends might like.
Step 2: Beef Salsa Con Queso Recipe
This dip is a personal favorite of mine, and it’s super easy to make. I recommend making a few servings of this because it’s going to go fast.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp Tex‑Mex seasoning blend
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 jars On The Border Salsa Con Queso
- ½ cup On The Border Mild Chunky Salsa
- 1 bag On The Border Café Style Chips
Makes 12 Servings
- Set a cast iron or nonstick skillet over medium‑high heat.
- Crumble in the beef.
- Stir and break beef into small pieces, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Sprinkle the seasoning over the meat; stir in 1/4 cup water.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until liquid has evaporated and beef is cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Pour in On The Border Salsa con Queso into the same skillet.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Scatter the meat mixture over the skillet.
- Spoon the salsa in the center of the skillet and sprinkle with green onion.
- Serve immediately while hot with On The Border Café Style Chips.
Step 3: Ice Cold Dos Equis
Summer may be over, but that doesn’t mean the demand for ice cold beers has changed. When you serve your game day salsa con queso dip, put out an ice bucket filled with your favorite Dos Equis. Trust me, this will not only be the #MostInterestingPlay of the game, but the entire day as well.
Step 4: Elevate Your Game
Enter the Game Day Greatness Sweepstakes for your chance to win awesome game day prizes or even a trip for you and a friend to a VIP Experience in Tampa Bay. (more details below…)
Step 5: Enjoy Your New Title
Sit back and enjoy your new title as Most Interesting Person. Though, you should know, with it comes new responsibilities and expectations. Like always providing the cold beers and dips for the next gathering. You’ve been warned!
Game Day Greatness Sweepstakes
Dos Equis “Go For Game Day Greatness™” sweepstakes runs until January 2017. Text XXCFP to 88850 to learn how you can win a VIP experience in Tampa Bay. By participating, you agree to receive one (1) reply message about the sweepstakes from Dos Equis. Message and data rates may apply. Text XXCFP to 88850 to learn how you can win a VIP Experience in Tampa Bay! Plus you could score prizes every week to elevate your game day. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. MUST BE 21+ TO ENTER. See full rules for details (https://xxgoforgamedaygreatness.com/rules.html)
Enjoy XX Responsibly. ©2016 Cervezas Mexicanas, White Plains, NY.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Dos Equis and On The Border Chips & Dips. The opinions and text are all mine.