Blaze by Fitbit is the Latest Smart Fitness Watch to Look Out For
Today at CES 2016, wearable tech brand Fitbit unveiled the latest generation of its smart fitness watch with Fitbit Blaze.
Moving away from their traditional bands, Fitbit is looking to add a competitive edge with Blaze that rivals other smartwatches like the Apple Watch and Samsung Gear S2. Though both Apple and Samsung’s watches aren’t 100% aimed towards fitness, the one thing Fitbit Blaze is taking away from them is their customization and style consumers look for.
Blaze will include customizable accessory options for the casing and bands, smart notifications from your smartphone (texts, calls, calendar, etc) and a beautiful color touchscreen. Music controls have also been included on the device to easily control your music while you’re working out.
Fitbit has set the Blaze at $199 with a color touchscreen, which if you didn’t catch already, is less expensive than the Fitbit Surge ($249) fitness watch. This is likely due to Fitbit banking on their customers wanting more customization, and in return buying more bands.
Fitbit Blaze Features:
- PurePulse Heart Rate – Fitbit Blaze will track your heart rate from the comfort of your wrist, so no need for those uncomfortable chest straps.
- Connected GPS – Connect your watch to the GPS on your phone to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display.
- SmartTrack – Don’t worry about logging your workouts, Blaze will keep track for you and automatically recognize exercise you’ve completed.
- Long Battery Life – Wear your Blaze for 5 full days and nights without having to charge it.
- Auto Sleep Tracking – Blaze will keep track of your sleep habits, helping you understand what might be affecting you getting a good night’s sleep.
You can pre-order the Fitbit Blaze today for $199.95 on the Fitbit website.