Every year six artists are picked by Beck’s to create original artwork for their beer labels. These designs will be created by up-and-coming artistic talent and appear on 13.2 million labels Worldwide. That’s like painting 866 Sistine Chapel ceilings (144 times per artist) or 95 acres of canvas, spanning more than 70 football fields.
This year the 2013 Beck’s Art Labels lineup consists of:
– Actor and Grammy award winning musician Kid Cudi
– Fashion designer and entrepreneur Marc Ecko
– Photographer William Hundley
– Multi-medium artists The Date Farmers
– Interactive digital duo TM Sisters
– Artist and musician Willis Earl Beal
“It’s especially engaging when art is unexpected – when it finds you when you’re not looking for it,” said Kid Cudi, Grammy-Award winning hip-hop artist and songwriter. “I want beer drinkers to pick up my bottle of Beck’s and be surprised. I want them to think, explore and express themselves with their own art.”
Win an Amazon Kindle Paperwhite:
Please allow up to 3-5 weeks for prize delivery. This giveaway is only available to 18+ US residents. A winner will be chosen at random on August 16th, so be sure you have completed the following three steps.
1) By watching the Beck’s 2013 Art Labels Project video below, answer in the comments which three artists reside in New York City.
2) Click to Tweet this post
3) Follow @JoesDaily
Thanks to Beck’s for sponsoring today’s discussion