Surprising Facts About The Entertainment Industry
It is crazy to think about the billions and billions of dollars that go into keeping us entertained. There are so many businesses around the world that are dedicated to entertainment. From television shows to online games, the mass media entertainment industry is a fascinating one. With that being said, in this blog post, we are going to take a look at some of the most surprising facts about the entertainment sector.
- You have, no doubt, heard of The Hunger Games, and so it won’t come as a surprise that it is a popular film. However, just how popular is it? Well, within a mere three days, it became the highest ever grossing film for the production company, Lionsgate.
- Can you guess what the highest grossing animated fill of all-time is? One clue… it’s about an ogre! That’s right, Shrek 2. It grossed $436 million.
- Bollywood, India’s movie industry, produces twice as many films a year as Hollywood.
- The Oscars given out in World War II were made from wood because metal was so scarce.
- You may think that we live in the television capital of the world but that accolade actually goes to China. There are more than 400,000,000 television sets in China!
- The film Titanic cost more than the ship itself.
- Anime accounts for 60 percent of the world’s television and movies. It also features one of the longest television series of all time, with over 7,000 episodes. This is an anime series about a mother who lives with her partner, kids, and parents. It may sound a bit bland but it must be doing something right!
- Now time for a completely random and pointless fact… the first ever film to show a toilet flushing was American film Psycho by Alred Hitchcock.
- While we are on the subject of toilets, the first ever toilet seen on television was featured on Leave It to Beaver.
- With almost a billion dollars worth of worldwide ticket sales, the Saw franchise is the highest earning horror franchise on a global scale.
- In the movie Babe, over 30 different piglets were used to play the main character because they outgrew the part so quickly.
- number of incredible roles. This includes roles in Blade Runner, Indy IV, Jurassic Park, The Lord of the Rings, and The Matrix!
- Do you know what the number one grossing kids’ movie of all time is? That would be Star Wars, with a gross of $460 million in total.
So there you have it: some of the most surprising facts about the entertainment industry. Are there any facts that you are surprised by in this blog post? Maybe you have some interesting facts yourself to share?