George Dickel Whisky Caramel Sauce Recipe
With the kickoff of college football this weekend, the excuse to cook on your grill just got greater. BBQ master Adam Perry Lang shared with the Jimmy Kimmel Live! audience how to make his George Dickel Whisky Caramel Sauce. Not only does this unique sauce pair perfectly with a nice steak, but with dessert as well. Try using leftover sauce over a bowl of vanilla ice cream. You won’t be disappointed.
(Yield 2.5 cups)
- 1 cup Water
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups George Dickel No. 12 Tennessee Whisky
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- In a medium sauce pan combine water and sugar and stir with a wooden spoon over high heat.
- Cook until sugar is the same color of the Whisky.
- Remove from heat and add Whisky, being cautious of potential splattering. Stir back over heat until fluid and liquid.
- Remove from heat and swirl in butter until velvety and smooth.
- Keep Whisky warm until use, or leave at room temperature and reheat in microwave for 30 seconds.