How I’m Celebrating International Sushi Day
This post is sponsored by Sapporo USA but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
There’s a holiday for everything, and I’m not even mad about it. Especially when there’s a special day that revolves around one of my all-time favorite foods, sushi!
International Sushi Day is next month (June 18th) and I’ve partnered with Sapporo to help inspire you on ways you can celebrate this special holiday. After you check-out my tool kit, make sure you enter the giveaway at the end of this post.
International Sushi Day Essential Tool Kit
Do you really need a tool kit to enjoy something as simple as a meal? Maybe not, but it wouldn’t hurt to gather some ideas to make it the best it can be, right? Hopefully a few of these inspire you to try something different.
1. Good friends
There’s nothing wrong with enjoying a meal by yourself, but isn’t it better to celebrate the love of sushi with some friends? Gather up your best buds and get your sashimi on at your favorite sushi spot.
2. The perfect Sushi restaurant near you
Not sure where there’s a sushi restaurant near you or looking to branch out and explore new spots? Sapporo has made it easy to find a sushi restaurant near you on their site. Click here if you need their help and other sushi fun facts.
3. Sapporo Premium Beer
If you haven’t paired your sushi with a Sapporo Premium Beer, then you haven’t lived.
4. Sushi Do’s and Don’ts
Here are just some quick tips courtesy of Sapporo. Find more here.
- Eat your ginger in between bites. Ginger is meant to be used as a palate cleanser and should not be eaten together with your sushi.
- When dipping sushi into soy sauce, dip fish-side down. Dipping rice side first will soak up the soy sauce and cause it to overpower the taste of the food.
- Chopsticks should always be used together as a pair. Don’t use them to spear or cut your food.
5. Make a reservation – Open Table Giveaway:
Want a chance to win a gift card to Open Table? In the comments below, let us know what is your favorite type of sushi to enjoy Sapporo with?