Getting a clean shave may seem easy to most, but what about the soon-to-be-men looking for advice on taming the new friends sprouting from their chins? They’re probably wondering what razors will provide them with the cleanest shave and what creams will save them from razor burn. Below we put together a simple, yet effective — How to Get a Clean Shave tutorial.
What You’ll Need to Get a Perfect Clean Shave
Unfortunately, every guy has different skin. You can only use what works best for you, and hope it doesn’t take an eternity to find the right products. Thankfully for you, I have tried a lot of different products over the years. Below is a list of items I use each week to keep my face looking fresh.
- Schick Hydro® Sensitive Shave Gel
- Tweezerman Men’s Shaving Brush
- Jack Black Post Shave Cooling Gel
- Schick Hydro® 5 Sensitive Razor
Let’s Get Shaving
- Soften Your Skin Pre-Shave: This can be done either by showering before you shave or using a pre-shave oil. I personally do both unless I’m in a rush.
- Lather and Shave: Lather your entire face with your shaving cream of choice. Begin shaving with short strokes, and be sure to move in the direction that your hair grows. You may have to maneuver a bit, since your hair grows in different directions on your neck and lower chin. I recommend using one of the Schick Hydro® razors. They feel the most comfortable in my hand.
- Go Again, If Necessary: Didn’t get it all on the first past? Lather up again, and make another pass.
- Cold Water is Key: After you conquered your face with the razor, splash it with cold water to help tighten your skin and close your pores.
- Soothe Your Clean Shave: You’re almost done. The only thing left to do is apply a layer of your post shave gel to help soothe and freshen your clean shave.
That wasn’t so hard, was it? As I mentioned before, ever guy has different skin and you have to try various products out before finding the ones that work best for you. I hope this tutorial helped provide you with products and the steps needed to get the cleanest shave possible.
If you’re still looking for more face gear to give you the best shave, check out the new Schick Hydro® Tumblr page – http://epic.schick.com.
BONUS: Tips & Tricks
And you thought we were done. Ha! Here are a few tips and tricks that will help you keep that clean shave alive and well for years to come. Or until you decide a beard is a better look for you.
- If you have sensitive skin and get ingrown hairs easily, use disposable razors or cartridges no more than five times. Razors can dull fast and if your skin isn’t up for it, you won’t like the outcome.
- Always avoid shaving against the grain. Going against the grain will likely result in nasty ingrown hairs, or worse, infections.
- Try storing your razor in a little of your pre-shave oil when not in use. It will preserver the life of your razor, and might even give you a few extra shaves.
This post is sponsored by Schick Hydro® #MakeItEpic. All opinions are my own.