Gatorade Launches ‘Gatorade Amplify’ in Partnership with Spotify
Today, Gatorade launches Gatorade Amplify, a unique partnership with Spotify that will help you get in the zone for your next workout. Using large sets of data, they were able to define songs that are ideal for training, allowing users to easily create a personalized workout experience unique to them.
Gatorade Amplify selects songs based on the ranges of five sonic attributes, listed below in order of importance.
- Danceability: Describes how suitable a track is for dancing based on a combination of music elements including tempo, rhythm, stability, beat strength and overall regularity.
- Tempo: The overall estimated tempo of a track in beat per minute (BPM). In musical terminology, tempo is the pace of a given piece and derives directly from the average beat duration.
- Acousticness: A confidence measure from 0-1 of whether the track is acoustic. 1 represents high confidence that the track is acoustic.
- Energy: A measure from 0 to 1 that represents a perceptual measure of intensity and activity. Typically, energetic tracks feel fast, loud, and noisy. For example, heavy metal has high energy, while a Bach prelude scores low on the scale.
- Loudness: The overall loudness of a track in decibels. Loudness values are averaged across the entire track and useful for comparing relative loudness of track. Loudness is the quality of a sound that is the primary psychological correlate of physical strength.
Spotify and Gatorade fans can choose playlists for interval training, high-intensity workouts, or an exclusive mix produced by Steve Aoki and Dim Mak All-Stars.
Users will select their preferred genre(s) and duration of work from 15 to 180 minutes, and Gatorade Amplify will generate a playlist fit for a variety of intense workouts. Songs will crossfade from one to the next, creating a seamless listening and workout experience.
The Steve Aoki Experience
World renowned DJ Steve Aoki (Executive Producer) and the Dim Mak All-Stars (T-Mass, EXSSV, 7 Skies, R3LL) produced an original high-energy workout mix, informed by the research, exclusively for Gatorade Amplify. Users can also view exclusive video content with a behind-the-scenes look at the making of Gatorade Amplify, and access an Aoki Bootcamp workout.
Interval Training (Only available in Spotify Premium)
For interval trainers, users select between 1 and 50 intervals with work and rest periods of up to 10 minutes, creating a mix applicable for any kind of start-and-stop activity. Like in high-intensity training, songs will crossfade from one to the next, creating a seamless listening and workout experience for users.