One of the things that I’ve always hated about living a “healthy lifestyle” was missing out on all the delicious treats that come with simply not caring. Sure, most trainers and nutritionists will say that there is always room for a cheat day, and a healthy lifestyle is about balance. Even knowing that I can splurge a day or two out of the week on something like a hamburger and fries or a milkshake is simply not enough. I need to know that I can have my sweets whenever I want.
My solution was to find recipes that catered to my type, and provided me with tasty snacks that wouldn’t set my hard work in the gym back days, possibly even weeks. While scouring VitaminShoppe.com for some new post-workout supplements, I stumbled across their dessert recipe section. Below are my 3 favorite post-workout dessert recipes they offered. I’ve tried them all and can tell you that they’re amazing.
Cookies and Cream BodyTech Shake Recipe
- 1 scoop of BodyTech Whey Tech Pro 24 Cookies and Cream protein
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup of ice
- 1/2 cup of non fat plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp of cocoa nibs
- 6-8 ounces of water
- Mix all ingredients into a blender.
- For added thickness use more ice
Protein Waffles Recipe
- 1/2 scoop of BSN Isoburn (Vanilla Ice Cream Flavor)
- 1/2 cup of egg whites
- 1 tsp 70% chocolate chips
- Blend the BSN Isoburn, egg whites and chocolate chips together to create the waffle batter.
- Pour the batter into your waffle maker.
- Plate your waffle and drizzle with pure maple syrup or top with your favorite nut butter for a protein-packed treat.
Black Bean & Chocolate Protein Brownies Recipe
- 1 cup of egg whites
- 1 scoop of BodyTech Whey Tech Pro 24 Rich Chocolate protein powder
- 1 can of unsalted cooked black beans
- 1/3 tbsp of low sodium baking powder
- 4 tbsp Coconut Secrets Coconut Nectar
- 3 tbsp of coconut flour
- 3 tbsp of peanut butter or almond butter
- 5 heaping tbsp of cottage cheese
- 3 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1/4 tbsp of sea salt
- 3 tbsp of cocoa nibs
- 3 drops of liquid stevia
- Preheat oven to 385 degrees
- Spray a baking pan 10″x10″ with olive oil spray
- Bake for 35 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool
- Cut into 12 even squares
Have a favorite post-workout dessert recipe you would like to share? Share it with us on Twitter by tagging @JoesDaily and @VitaminShoppe