Looking for the perfect cocktail to serve with your cassata cake? Look no further! Here are four delicious options that will complement the rich, creamy flavors of this traditional Italian dessert.
Cassata Cake Cocktail Pairings
1. Amaretto Sour
This classic cocktail is made with amaretto liqueur, lemon juice, and sugar, and is often served over ice with a cherry garnish. The sweet, almond-flavored liqueur pairs well with the creamy, rich flavors of cassata cake, and the tartness of the lemon juice helps to balance out the sweetness.
- 1 1/2 oz. amaretto liqueur
- 1 1/2 oz. sweet and sour mix
- Lemon-lime soda like Sprite or 7UP
- Garnish (optional): cherry and orange slice
- In a glass filled with ice, mix together equal parts amaretto liqueur and sweet and sour mix.
- Top with sprite and enjoy!
2. Irish Cream Liqueur
Irish cream liqueur is another option that pairs well with cassata cake. It has a creamy, rich flavor with notes of chocolate, whiskey, and cream, and can be served neat or over ice.
3. Spumoni Cocktail
This fun and festive cocktail is inspired by the classic Italian dessert of the same name, which is similar to cassata but made with layers of ice cream instead of sponge cake and ricotta. To make a spumoni cocktail, combine equal parts amaretto, cherry liqueur, and cream de cacao with a splash of cream or half and half, and serve over ice.
- 1 teaspoon Pink Peppercorn Syrup
- 1/2 oz. gin, preferably Neversink
- 1 1/2 oz. Campari
- 1 1/2 oz. chilled tonic water, preferably Fever-Tree Indian Tonic
- 1 1/2 to 2 oz. fresh Ruby Red grapefruit juice
- Combine pink peppercorn syrup, gin and Campari in a juice glass over four ice cubes and stir until chilled.
- Top with tonic water and fresh grapefruit juice.
- Stir to incorporate.
- Garnish with cracked pink peppercorns.
4. Limoncello Spritz
This refreshing cocktail combines the bright, citrusy flavors of limoncello with bubbly prosecco and a splash of grenadine for a touch of sweetness. It’s a great option for a summertime celebration and pairs well with the rich, creamy flavors of cassata cake.
- 2 oz. limoncello (preferably chilled)
- 1 oz. club soda
- 3 oz. Prosecco (preferably chilled)
- For garnish: lemon slice and fresh mint
- Pour chilled limoncello into a glass filled halfway with ice.
- Add club soda, then top off with Prosecco and stir.
- Optional: garnish with a lemon slice and fresh mint.
Whether you prefer a classic amaretto sour, a creamy Irish cream liqueur, a fun and festive spumoni cocktail, or a refreshing limoncello prosecco, there’s something on this list for everyone. Just be sure to enjoy these cocktails in moderation, as it’s important to drink responsibly. Salute!