This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of BACARDÍ. All opinions are 100% mine.
Hosting a party can be quite stressful. Trying to figure out what your guests will like to eat and drink is never easy. I’ve found the best solution for cocktails is to go with a punch. It looks great on your serving table in a big punch bowl, and creates a meeting place at your party for guests to mingle around.
Since a punch wouldn’t be anything without the rum that goes in it, I decided to go with a nice dark rum from BACARDÍ. See the recipe below:
BACARDÍ Government Punch Recipe
- 2 cups Demerara or turbinado sugar
- 7 cups water
- 12 limes
- 16 ounces Batavia arrack
- 1 quart BACARDÍ Black
- Grated nutmeg, for garnish
- To prepare, first stir 2 cups of Demerara or turbinado sugar in 1 cup water over a low flame until the sugar has dissolved (about 5 minutes). Let this cool.
- Then squeeze 12 limes and combine the juice in a large bowl with the sugar syrup and stir. Add 16 ounces Batavia arrack and 1 quart dark, funky rum and top off with 1.5 liters/48 ounces water. Stir again and refrigerate.
- Half an hour before serving, add a large block of ice (this can be made by freezing 2 quarts of water in a bowl overnight) and grate nutmeg over the top.
Need more drink suggestions? Check out three other BACARDÍ cocktail recipes I featured on the blog.
Follow the #BacardiHouseParty hashtag to see how BACARDÍ throws an EPIC party!