Royal Caribbean Ships By Age, Newest To Oldest 2022
Are you looking to book a Royal Caribbean cruise but want to know the age of the ship, its itinerary, and how many people it can hold? You’ve come to the right place.
I’m a huge cruise fan but that doesn’t mean I will book just any itinerary. Knowing what the ship has to offer, especially how new or old it is always plays a major role in how I book a cruise. This is why I created this post to break down Royal Caribbean ships by age, class, and how many guests they can accommodate.
This post should help those looking to book the newest ships with the latest and greatest technology Royal Caribbean has to offer. If there is something you would like to see included don’t hesitate to reach out via Twitter or shoot me an email.
How Many Ships Does Royal Caribbean Have?
As of 2022, Royal Caribbean has 26 ships in service, with two new ships planned soon: Icon of the Seas in 2023 and Utopia of the Seas in 2024.
Royal Caribbean Ships Newest to Oldest
Below you will find Royal Caribbean’s ship line-up in order of newest to oldest ship. I’ve also included their latest ships being built and their estimated arrival date.
Royal Caribbean Ships By Age New To Old
- Utopia of the Seas, due 2024
- Icon of the Seas due 2023
- Wonder of the Seas, 2022
- Odyssey of the Seas, 2021
- Spectrum of the Seas 2019
- Symphony of the Seas, 2018
- Harmony of the Seas, 2016
- Ovation of the Seas, 2016
- Anthem of the Seas, 2015
- Quantum of the Seas, 2014
- Allure of the Seas, 2010
- Oasis of the Seas, 2009
- Independence of the Seas, 2008
- Liberty of the Seas, 2007
- Freedom of the Seas, 2006
- Jewel of the Seas, 2004
- Mariner of the Seas 2003
- Serenade of the Seas, 2003
- Navigator of the Seas, 2002
- Brilliance 2002
- Adventure of the Seas, 2001
- Radiance of the Seas, 2001
- Explorer of the Seas, 2000
- Voyager of the Seas, 1999
- Vision of the Seas, 1998
- Enchantment of the Seas, 1997
- Rhapsody of the Seas, 1997
- Grandeur of the Seas, 1996
Royal Caribbean Ships By Age, Class, And Passengers
|Utopia of the Seas||Oasis Class||Due 2024|
|Icon Of The Seas||Icon Class||Due 2023|
|Wonder of the Seas||Oasis Class||2022||6,988||2300|
|Odyssey of the Seas||Quantum Ultra||2021||5,510||1633|
|Spectrum of the Seas||Quantum Ultra||2019||5,622||1551|
|Symphony of the Seas||Oasis Class||2018||6,680||2200|
|Harmony of the Seas||Oasis Class||2016||6,687||2210|
|Ovation of the Seas||Quantum Class||2016||4,905||1500|
|Anthem of the Seas||Quantum Class||2015||4,905||1500|
|Quantum of the Seas||Quantum Class||2014||4,905||1500|
|Allure of the Seas||Oasis Class||2010||6,780||2210|
|Oasis of the Seas||Oasis Class||2009||6,699||2190|
|Independence of the Seas||Freedom Class||2008||4,560||1440|
|Liberty of the Seas||Freedom Class||2007||4,960||1360|
|Freedom of the Seas||Freedom Class||2006||4,553||1365|
|Jewel of the Seas||Radiance Class||2004||2,702||852|
|Mariner of the Seas||Voyager Class||2003||4,000||1200|
|Serenade of the Seas||Radiance Class||2003||2,476||832|
|Navigator of the Seas||Voyager Class||2002||4,000||1230|
|Brilliance of the Seas||Radiance Class||2002||2,543||848|
|Adventure of the Seas||Voyager Class||2001||3,807||1185|
|Radiance of the Seas||Radiance Class||2001||2,466||894|
|Explorer of the Seas||Voyager Class||2000||4,290||1185|
|Voyager of the Seas||Voyager Class||1999||4,000||1200|
|Vision of the Seas||Vision Class||1998||2,514||742|
|Enchantment of the Seas||Vision Class||1997||2,730||852|
|Rhapsody of the Seas||Vision Class||1997||2,416||765|
|Grandeur of the Seas||Vision Class||1996||2,440||760|
Who Are The Godparents Of All Of The Royal Caribbean Ships?
Becoming a cruise ship’s godparent is a big honor and one that can take some time to figure out. Below is a list of all current godparents of Royal Caribbean ships, with the exception of Wonder of the Seas, Icon of the Seas, and Utopia of the Seas.
- Utopia of the Seas, TBA (coming soon)
- Icon of the Seas, TBA (coming soon)
- Wonder of the Seas, TBA
- Odyssey of the Seas, Erin Brown, The Bahamas’ first paratriathlete to compete in the Paralympic Games qualifiers.
- Spectrum of the Seas, Model Angelbaby and Xiaoming Huang
- Symphony of the Seas, Carlos and Alexa PenaVega and their 17-month-old son, Ocean.
- Harmony of the Seas, Hero in Education, Brittany Affolter
- Ovation of the Seas, Fan Bingbing
- Anthem of the Seas, Travel Agent Emma Wilby
- Quantum of the Seas, Actress Kristin Chenoweth
- Allure of the Seas, Princess Fiona, from the Shrek films,
- Oasis of the Seas, Shawn Johnson, Daisy Fuentes, Jane Seymour, Michelle Kwan, Gloria Estefan, Darra Torres and Keisha Knight Pulliam.
- Independence of the Seas, Elizabeth Hill, was chosen for her outstanding contribution to her local community.
- Liberty of the Seas, Donnalea Madeley, a Toronto-based travel agent.
- Freedom of the Seas, Foster Mother Katherine Louise Calder.
- Jewel of the Seas, Kathy Mellor, 2004 National Teacher of The year
- Mariner of the Seas, American paralympic athlete Jean Driscoll.
- Serenade of the Seas, Whoopi Goldberg.
- Navigator of the Seas, Stefanie Graf.
- Brilliance Of The Seas, Marilyn Ofer.
- Adventure of the Seas, Tara Stackpole and Kevin Hannafin of the New York Fire Department along with Margaret McDonnell and Richard Lucas of the New York Police Department.
- Radiance of the Seas, Margot L. Pritzker.
- Explorer of the Seas, American athlete Jackie Joyner-Kersee.
- Voyager of the Seas, Former Figure Skater Katrina Witt.
Vision of the Seas, Helen Morin Stephan, Wife Of Previous Owner Of RCC Edwin Stephan.
- Enchantment of the Seas, Colleen Fain, the wife of Royal Caribbean Ltd Chairman Richard Fain.
- Rhapsody of the Seas, Bodil Wilhelmsen – the wife of Gjert Wilhelmsen (Previous principal stockholder in RCCL)
- Grandeur of the Seas, Aviva Ofer, wife of Sammy Ofer and mother of Eyal Ofer, a member of Royal Caribbean’s Board of Directors.
Other Cruise Line Ships by Age: