Rémy Martin is celebrating the Lunar New Year of the Rabbit by partnering with cultural tastemakers to showcase the intersection of heritage, tradition, and modernity. The campaign, titled “The Lunar New Year Family Spirit,” emphasizes the timelessness of Rémy Martin XO and honors Asian culture through the distinct traditions of families and friends who gather for Lunar New Year celebrations. The campaign features actors, fashion influencers, a Michelin-starred chef, photographer, and a cultural entrepreneur and producer, who each bring their unique perspectives on Lunar New Year celebrations. Through the lens of award-winning photographer Michelle Watt, the campaign offers a unique visual narrative that embodies the Lunar New Year spirit.
Rémy Martin XO is best enjoyed neat, with a single ice cube, or in an elevated cocktail that highlights the expression’s exceptional flavors. This year, Rémy Martin invites those celebrating to enjoy XO with The Imperial Old Fashioned, a seasonal take on a classic cocktail, showcasing XO’s rich flavors against the zesty freshness of Cointreau and sweet aromatic bitters. See below for the recipe to enjoy at home.
The Imperial Old Fashioned
- 1¾ oz Rémy Martin XO
- ⅓ oz Cointreau
- 1 brown sugar
- 3 dashes of Peychaud’s bitter
- Garnish with a twist of orange peel
- In an Old-Fashioned glass, pour the bitters over the sugar cube followed by the Cointreau, then crush it using a cocktail pestle.
- Add Rémy Martin XO and one large ice cube, then stir with a spoon until silky smooth.
- Garnish with a twist of orange peel.